Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Digital Citizenship

There are many different tools out there for creating software presentations.  One family of presentation tools allows users to create a dynamic presentation that can be accessed from any computer without the need for saving to a hard drive or USB drive.  One such tool is Prezi.  Prezi has been around for a while and has some pretty big fans.  I personally found this tool fun to work with and was happy that I could access my work through e-mail or the Prezi website.  I was also pleased to learn that I had the ability to present my Prezi remotely.

This particular Prezi has been created to showcase an aspect of digital citizenship that revolves around appropriate and inappropriate use of technology.  Malware is an invasive part of reality in the technological age.  Sadly, there are individuals and groups who would seek to hamper others' ability to safely, peacefully, and securely use the internet.  As a digital citizen, it is important that we learn ways in which we can become vulnerable while using our computer and how to best protect ourselves.  I would like to invite you to look over this presentation and reflect on whether you are doing enough to protect yourself and the ones you may be responsible for.  This is an important topic, so let me know your thoughts/reflections in the comments below.  Thanks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment